"L" Visa Application Guide for Foreign Citizens aged 60 and Over Who Have No Lineal Relatives Out of Country, Dependant on Lineal Relatives in China
1. Valid passport, visa, and copies.
2. Registration of temporary residence.
3. Visa and Residence Permit Application Form with a recent 2-inch photo.
4. Sponsoring Chinese citizen's household register and ID card, or foreigner's permanent residence permit.
5. Notarized certificate of kinship and certificate of proof that alien has no lineal relatives outside of China.
6. Alien's notarized source of income or Chinese citizen's guaranty of income.
7. Notarized document showing alien's or Chinese citizen's apartment rental or property right.
NOTE: The above listed certificates are required to be supplied together with one copy of each. Overseas certificates should be authenticated by a Chinese diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate).