"L" Visa Application Guide for Children of Overseas Chinese, Who are Under 18 and Entrusted to Care
1. Valid passport, visa, and copies.
2. Registration of temporary residence.
3. Visa and Residence Permit Application Form with a recent 2-inch photo.
4. Certificate of Birth and copy, copies of passports of parents with alien citizenship. Where either or both parents are Chinese, a copy of the Certificate of Overseas Temporary Residence shall also be provided.
5. Letter of Entrustment from applicant's parents specifying entrustment of care or guardianship, time limits for entrustment of care, etc.
6. ID Card and Certificate of Local Household Registration or related certificate of the actual premises of the person responsible for bringing up the children, or the guardian, and notarized written guarantee by an authorized notary public, specifying the parents' consent to the entrustment, responsibilities of guardianship, raising of the children and guarantee of their departure from the country by the due date.
NOTE: The above listed certificates are required to be supplied together with one copy of each. Overseas certificates should be authenticated by a Chinese diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate).