I. Foreigners who have come to Chongqing, China for the purposes of visiting, investigation, teaching, going into business, carrying out technical-cultural exchange, short-term study, and internship should apply for a visa at the local Exit-and-Entry Administration Division of the Public Security Bureau. The following necessary information and documentation should be provided:
1. Original and photocopy of a valid passport and visa;
2. Certificate of registration for temporary stay issued by the local police station of the place of residence;
3. Accurately completed application form for an "F" visa and residence permit, to which is attached a recent, half-length, frontal passport photo of the applicant;
4. Official letter of application written by the local employer institution.
II. The Categories of Applicants
1. Senior consultants invited by government departments at the provincial level or equivalent levels, and senior managerial staff and technicians in the high-tech field, working for international cooperative programs co-sponsored by the Chinese government and the governments of other countries, in matters such as engineering projects, work contracts, and talent exchanges.
2. Persons making distinguished contributions to China who are working for non-profit assistance programs sponsored by the mutual governments.
3. Persons leading academic and scientific research who hold a senior professional title (associate professor, associate researcher, or above) from research institutions at the state or provincial levels or from Chinese key universities, and those excelling at academic and scientific research who enjoy an equivalent treatment.
4. Persons with the designation of vice-general manager or other senior posts, such as senior managerial personnel and important professional technicians.
5. Persons investing over 1 million US dollars in key poverty-counties in the west or central regions of China or over 3 million US dollars in other areas in China, and those from foreign enterprises of other economic organizations who meet the foregoing requirements.
6. Outstanding Chinese applicants conducting important work, including those awarded international scientific prizes, who hold foreign citizenship.
7. Spouses and children (under 18 years old) of the above-mentioned persons.
When applying for a visa, in addition to the general information, the senior personnel is obliged to present documents stamped by the first-rate unit, and the investor should provide a foreign company license and ratification certificate.