According to the Foreign Investment Orientation Guiding Prescription issued in February, 2002(No.346 promulgated by the State Council), in order to implement the developing strategy of west China, reanimate the utilization of foreign investment in Midwest area, introduce advanced technology and equipment, develop the advantageous industry and the enterprises with leading technology, accelerate the upgrading of industry structure optimization and the general economic condition of Midwest area, in accordance with the national industry polices, the Advantageous Industry Catalogue of Foreign Investment in Midwest Area issued in June, 2000 is revised.
The foreign investment item that belongs to this catalogue will enjoy the preferential polices related to the Foreign Investment Orientation Guiding Prescription and Suggestions for further encouraging foreign investment from foreign economic and trading ministry transmitted by state council office (state council office 1999 No. 73).
Before this catalogue take into effect, the approval of items is in accordance with the related polices of original catalogue. The items under construction, which is in accordance with the prescriptions of this catalogue, are performed according to this catalogue.
The related sides, approving foreign investment items in Midwest area, should thoroughly implement the national industry policies, strictly enforce the related national laws and codes, audit according to the actual examining and approving purview and procedure, pay attention to the improvement of productive technology level and product structure, regard the proper utilization of resources and protection of ecological environment and prevent overlapping construction and blind expansion of throughput.
The nation will make timely adjustment and revision to this catalogue according to the need the economic development and the change of domestic and international market environment.
2. The following up industry development of key ecological project such as convert farmland into forest and grassland, protection on natural forest etc.
3. Construction of high yield and quality silkworm base.
4. The development and application of water-saving irrigation technology.
5. Production of ramie textile products.
6. The production and development of the lower level chemical products of natural gas.
7. The development and production of animal and herbal medicine (except those listed in the resources under national protection).
8. The development and production of new type medical appliances.
9. The manufacturing of automobile spare parts.
10. The construction and management of city network for natural gas supply, heating and water supply and drainage (with a Chinese holding party if in large and medium sized cities).
11. Development of tourist resorts (spots) and construction, protection and operation of their supporting facilities.
12. Passengers' road transport.